Your family folklore can provide rich and often humorous content for journaling. We have collected a few family favourites to help inspire you. Pick a prompt from the list below and start writing you might just be bowled over by the unique and original tales you have to tell.
- Describe losing your first tooth. (Did you receive any visits from the tooth fairy? Was it a tooth mouse?)
- Discuss some of your family remedies. (What cures do you have for warts? Hiccups? Sneezing? Staying Healthy?)
- Are you superstitious? What superstitions did you grow up believing? Do you still believe them?
- Have you ever wished upon a star? Has this wish come true? (How old were you at the time? Where were you when you made the wish?)
- Describe your favourite family foods. How often did you enjoy them? (Why were they family favourites? Where did the recipe originate from? Who cooked them?)
- What role has music played in your family life? (Can you play an instrument? What instruments do other family members play? Can you sing? Do you have any traditional family songs?
- What Christmas traditions do you share as a family? (When does Santa Claus make an appearance? Do you exchange gifts? What family feasts grace the table?)
See the links below for more prompts, topics and ideas to get you started.
Some Ideas and Topics to get you started.
More Prompts: All About Me
More Prompts: The Clock is Ticking
Return from journaling to the homepage.